What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- 1. your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- 2. your Film Foto Store user ID and password
- 3. any account-preference information you provide us
- 4. your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- 5. session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- a. not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms and Conditions;
- b. take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- c. not use or disclose the information except:
- i. as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- iii. in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- iv. as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- v. to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- vi. as necessary to enforce the Terms and Conditions;
- vii. as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Film Foto Store, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Sharing of Data
We don’t share your personal information with third parties. Only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Film Foto Store website and service. We currently use Google Analytics (traffic analysis, SEO optimization) and Mailchimp (mailing list management). We listed below what data these third parties extract exactly. Feel free to check out their own Privacy Policies to find out more.
- 1. Google Analytics: anonymous (ad serving domains, browser type, demographics, language settings, page views, time/date), pseudonymous (IP address)
- 2. Mailchimp: name and email of our beta subscription list
We also use social buttons provided by services like Facebook, Google+ and Instagram. Your use of these third party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding those third party services’ privacy policies.
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Privacy and protection of personal data
The details you give us are essential for the processing and delivery of your orders, for billing and for the establishment of warranty contracts, therefore failure to provide these details will result in the cancellation of your order. By registering on the Site, you agree to provide us with sincere and true information as it concerns you. Communicating false information is contrary to the present general Terms and Conditions.
You can at any time make a request to Film Foto Store to find out what personal information we hold concerning you. You may at any time, and by request, modify this information.
Film Foto Store uses “cookies” to store personal data on your computer. Cookies record certain information stored on your hard drive. This information enables us to generate statistics based on data from visitors to our site and suggest products that might interest you according to the items that you selected when you previously visited the site. Cookies do not contain any confidential information about you.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Film Foto Store website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 18 years old to use Film Foto Store‘s website(s) and service(s). Film Foto Store does not knowingly collect information from children under 18. Minors and children should not use Film Foto Store. By using the website, you represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into a binding agreement.
Questions or comments?
Thank you for choosing Film Foto Store!